From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE weirdness after upgrade past Sunday.
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2020 06:17:39
1 On Wednesday, 4 March 2020 14:41:31 CET Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I did my usual Sunday upgrades the other day. There was a lot of
5 > upgrades to plasma and elogind it seems. Let's add LOo in there as well
6 > just for giggles. Anyway, I have a few oddities going on here. I'm not
7 > quite sure what to make of it but wondering if anyone else has ran into
8 > this.
9 >
10 > First weirdness. When I lock my screen, CTRL + shift + L. It locks the
11 > screen just fine. The weird part happens when I poke the mouse or hit a
12 > key to wake the screen back up. Instead of a screen asking for my
13 > password with the goofy looking user avatar, I get a black screen with
14 > the mouse pointer visible. The background and the little box for my
15 > password, nowhere to be found. After a bit, I type in the password,
16 > blindly, and it sits there for a while and then my desktop comes back.
17 > It takes a while and could be related to other problems coming up.
18
19 I investigated this a bit more and found it has to do with " kde-plasma/
20 kscreenlocker ".
21 This process was using up 100% CPU (gladly only 1 core) and killing (-9) this
22 cleared the black screen.
23
24 Can this also be related to still using consolekit? Do I really need to
25 migrate to "elogind" to be able to unlock my laptop after hibernate?
26
27 Many thanks,
28
29 Joost