From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <acaudel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is available besides samba
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 06:32:48
1 reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > For easy fast comunication between winxp and linux machines, is there
3 > anything other than samba the works reliably.
4 >
5 > The reason I ask is that I've run into a problem suddenly where none
6 > of my win XP boxes can access shares on a linux box. Trying to debug
7 > this I see such a confusing mess in the logs as to not even get a clue
8 > where the problem may be, or if it is with some other authentication
9 > such as pam or what.
10 >
11 > I've posted elsewhere with some details of the problem I see but
12 > asking in this post and thread if there are other options that may not
13 > be so rife with worthless non-informative log output and therefor be
14 > easier to fix if it breaks.
15 >
16 I use winscp.
17
18 Tony
21 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
22 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
23 -- Benjamin Franklin
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list