From: Damian <damian.only@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Switching to unstable
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 08:03:29
1 Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > Damian writes:
4 >
5 >> Thus, I'm thinking about switching all of my system to the unstable
6 >> branch. But first I want to be sure that this is reasonable given the
7 >> problems I described before.
8 >>
9 >> Can you provide me some useful advice according to your experience?
10 >
11 > I have asked a similar question here, I suggest you read the thread [*]. I
12 > did not regret the switch and would also suggest running ~arch. Beware the
13 > update to openrc, and do what the elog messages tell you to do before
14 > rebooting.
15 >
16 > Wonko
17 >
18 > [*] http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-user@l.g.o/msg94206.html
19 I'm finally running an unstable system.
20
21 I had to compile nearly 500 packages, to report a couple of bugs, and to
22 install beagle from my custom overlay. In addition, blueman is not
23 working anymore. The problems were not so many in proportion with the
24 number of packages compiled.
25
26 Thank you all for your advices,
27 Damian.