From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] access Linux "X" from android tablet
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 00:27:59
1 On Sat, 3 Nov 2012 17:04:15 -0600
2 Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > How can I access Linux X desktop from an Android tablet (preferred
5 > over VPN)?
6 >
7 > I've tried installing openVPN on Android 4.0.3 (kernel 2.
8 > 6.39.4) but it is an uphill battle. I need to root the device and
9 > need a TAP/TUN module for kernel etc. There is no "nxclient" for
10 > android.
13 run a vnc server on the Linux machine and a vnc client on the tablet.
14
15 There are many vnc clients for Android.
16
17 You could also use RDP but finding an RDP server for Linux is not
18 usually an easy thing to succeed at.
19
20 Just to be specific, do you want to be able to log into the Linux
21 machine and run a NEW X session, or do you want to share an existing
22 running session?
25 Alan McKinnon
26 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com