From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] writable devices being mounted as read only
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 23:02:28
1 On Monday 07 August 2006 21:49, sean wrote:
2 > Hello All,
3 >
4 > Whenever I mount my USB DVD writer or my SCSI cd-rom writer I always
5 > get the following similar message for either device, root or otherwise.
6 >
7 > mount /mnt/dvd/
8 > mount: block device /dev/sr1 is write-protected, mounting read-only
9 >
10 > Both devices in my fstab have 'noauto,user,rw' but still the write only
11 > message.
12
13 well, if you mount a burnt blank, it has to be read only. Empty blanks can not
14 be mounted. So everything seems to be ok. And if you want to write to a +rw
15 blank, you don't mount them too. AFAIR of course.
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list