From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] help
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 11:55:24
1 On 10/5/05, Wes Gray <smiths@×××××××××××××××.edu> wrote:
2 >
3 > # emerge -p kde-meta
4 >
5 > These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
6 >
7 > Calculating dependencies ...done!
8 > [ebuild R ] kde-base/kde-meta-3.4.1
9 >
10 > I tried emerging kde-meta. I then tried unmerging all the blockers it
11 > created and then emerging back kde, to get rid of kde-meta. When that
12 > didn't help I reversed the process and reemerged kde-meta, which is
13 > where I am now. I've rebuilt all of kde a couple of times now with
14 > the situation getting worse, not better.
17 Try `emerge -eDav kde-meta` to rebuild all of KDEs dependencies.
18
19 -Mike
23 Michael E. Crute
24 Software Developer
25 SoftGroup Development Corporation
26
27 Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
28 "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"