From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Modules autoloading?
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 17:21:23
1 On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 08:34:38AM +0000, Penguin Lover Mick squawked:
2 > >You could try rebuilding the kernel without those modules... althoug why is
3 > >the kernel loading them anyway if the hardware isnt there
4 >
5 > Or, you could recompile your kernel (leaving all these modules
6 > selected) but in menuconfig untick:
7 >
8 > Loadable module support --->
9 > Automatic kernel module loading
10
11 Both good suggestions. But:
12 1) I do need the modules in some cases (I would like to use wireless
13 sometimes...)
14 2) This behaviour wasn't there before. The kernel was not something
15 that I updated recently. I was wondering what was changed in
16 udev/baselayout/etc. that is making this behaviour.
17
18 Thanks,
19
20 Willie
21 --
22 To err is human, to moo bovine.
23 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 168 days, 9:35
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list