From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Inordinate delay switching from X to tty with Ctrl-Alt-Fn
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2019 16:52:36
1 Hello again.
2
3 On Thu, Apr 04, 2019 at 14:23:13 +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
4 > Hello, Gentoo.
5
6 > In the last day or two, it has been taking FOREVER to switch from
7 > X-Windows to a virtual terminal with, e.g. Ctrl-Alt-F2. Here, forever
8 > means around 3 seconds. It used to be instantaneous.
9
10 > Switching between virtual terminals remains instantaneous. So does
11 > switching to X-Windows with Alt-F7.
12
13 The problem has vanished. Maybe I had a rogue script running in
14 Firefox. Or something. For some reason I'm not worried, but maybe I
15 should be.
16
17 > Looking at logs, I see that xorg-drivers-1.20 got emerged on Tuesday (two
18 > days ago). This is an obvious suspect for the problem.
19
20 > Has anybody else seen this, or has anybody a more precise idea of what's
21 > gone wrong and how to fix it?
22
23 > Thanks!
26 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).