From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Weird harddisk problem: AHCI disks sometimes not found
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 17:46:52
1 On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 12:39 PM Alexander Puchmayr <
2 alexander.puchmayr@×××××××.at> wrote:
3 >
4 > Hi there,
5 <SNIP>
6 > Any ideas?
9 One other point that I'd make on this subject is that even if you had the
10 same kernel config file there
11 could be differences in the tool chain that are causing your problem. I
12 suspect researching that
13 sort of cause would use huge amounts of time and likely never lead to a
14 real understanding.
15
16 You can, of course, build your own kernel on Ubuntu using Gentoo source
17 code & config file and see
18 whether your new Ubuntu kernel shows the problem or acts like the provided
19 kernel. That might actually
20 produce more forward progress should you not find a more simple solution.
21 At least that would
22 presumably produce systems with the same things built in vs modules.
23
24 I would probably build vanilla-sources on the gentoo side to see if it's
25 Gentoo patching.
26
27 Good luck,
28 Mark