From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Time to move on?
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:02:56
1 On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 13:23:38 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >> 2) emerge -DuN world building lots of packages that are already on the
5 >> system but the LoG has apparently changed flags so emerge wants to
6 >> rebuild them.
7 >
8 > Don't use --newuse, use --reinstall changed-use.
11 > --
12 > Neil Bothwick
13
14 Neil,
15 As always, thanks.
16
17 So, is this option new in the last few years or something? I
18 haven't seen it before.
19
20 Also, it seems that there's no shortcut for that command so instead of
21
22 emerge -pvDuN @world
23
24 if I understand then I might try
25
26 emerge -pvDu --reinstall changed-use @world
27
28 ??? Certainly a lot more typing. ;-)
29
30 Thanks. I'll check it out on the next round up updates.
31
32 Cheers,
33 Mark