From: Justin Hart <justinhart@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] PPTP + MPPE + pptpconfig + Kernel 2.6.15 + ndiswrapper -> unstable connectivity
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 04:03:37
1 Hi,
2
3 I recently upgraded my kernel to 2.6.15, enabling MPPE so I could
4 connect to my campus network's VPN.
5
6 I'm using pptpconfig to set up the connection. It's plain-vanilla,
7 name of the server and such with the require_mppe box checked.
8
9 I'm connecting via 802.11g, using ndiswrapper to by Broadcom 3150
10 wireless adapter.
11
12 If I have this configuration, as it is now, on my campus network, the
13 connection drops after a few minutes. It also drops my wi-fi
14 connection. I kill dhcpcd and restart it to re-acquire an IP, and
15 life is good again. The wi-fi connection is stable unless I do this.
16 --
17 Justin W. Hart
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list