From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sane-backends
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 00:07:08
1 Michael George wrote:
2 > I just got a new scanner which will be supported in version 1.0.22 of
3 > the sane-backend package. However, that version isn't in portage yet.
4 > How do I find who the maintainers of the portage package are so that I
5 > can contact them to see if I can help get that port made available?
9 This where the change log for one of the sane packages is located.
10
11 /usr/portage/media-gfx/sane-backends/ChangeLog
12
13 Usually the ones that edit there are the maintainers. I think you need
14 to file a bug report and request the new version to be put in the tree
15 and eventually made stable.
16
17 Of course, if it is really new, it may be in a overlay for testing too.
18 Some put them in the overlay to test then move them over to the tree a
19 bit later if there are no problems or weird dependency problems.
20
21 I think there is a fancy command to get that info but can't recall it at
22 the moment. I bet someone will post it tho. ;-)
23
24 Dale
25