From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] confusing emerge output
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:26:20
1 On Wednesday 23 April 2008, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > > You don't currently have rhino installed so when you issue "emerge
3 > > rhino", portage will check for the latest one and install it. It
4 > > just so happens that in this case, the latest is not the same SLOT
5 > > that OOo wants.
6 >
7 > Crystal clear.  Thanks for the lucid and careful explanation.
8
9 You're very welcome - emerge output can be ... um ... less than obvious
10 at times.
11
12 I figure that the three years of blood, sweat and tears I spent figuring
13 it out isn't worth very much if it all stays in my head and never gets
14 out. I'm also building up karma credits for the hundreds of questions
15 I'll be unleashing on the paludis user community one fine day very
16 soon :-)
19 Alan McKinnon
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
23 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list