From: Justin Frisch <purplegecko@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Samba and Hebrew File Names
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:52:08
1 Am Donnerstag 16 November 2006 21:34 schrieb David Harel:
2 > Hi,
5 > I never could make Linux box use MS-XP files (NTFS) over samba when the
6 > file names are Hebrew.
7
8 Heya,
9
10 I just tested this out really quick and encountered the same problem. However
11 I was able to mount everything without any problems using cifs instead of
12 smbfs. If you have that in your kernel then you can try it.
13
15
16 With WinXP on the otherside (or any newer samba also) you should not need to
17 specify anything other than that above, however to get a better idea of what
18 you can do with this you can check out the man page for mount.cifs.
19 (man:/mount.cifs under konqueror or "man mount.cifs" from the commandline.)
20
21 Hope that helps you out in your quest.
22
23 Justin T
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list