From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] remote installation, dual boot
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 15:44:05
1 On 23.04.2015 17:09, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2
3 > Some pointers:
4 > - Unpack your stage tarball.
5 > - Build the kernel and initramfs on an existing Gentoo system and copy
6 > them over.
7 > - Add the gentoo kernel and initramfs to menu.lst.
8 > - Clear out the root password in /etc/shadow.
9 > - Reboot the box.
10 >
11 > You can then log in as root on the console, configure networking, and
12 > run from there.
13
14 hmm, yes, I see.
15 I have a gentoo server there so I have a "preparation machine" at hand.
16
17 I will see if I get that figured out ... got to get the kernel-options
18 and dracut modules right.
19
20 thanks, S