From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: fglrx and posix shared mem
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 23:39:39
1 On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 14:33 -0300, Daniel da Veiga wrote:
2 > On 7/17/07, Xav' <blackhawk@××××××××.fr> wrote:
3 > > Iain Buchanan wrote :
4 > > > Hi,
5 > > >
6 > > > for a while I've been seeing errors like this:
7 > > >
8 > > > fglX11AllocateManagedSurface: __FGLTexMgrAllocMem failed!!
9
10 > I had this problem because the way shm was mounted, changed it from:
11 >
12 > shm /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
16 > tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0 #from gentoo ati drivers wiki
17 >
18 > At /etc/fstab, then umounted and mounted it again, and it worked.
19 > Don't ask me why, lol.
20
21 thanks, I had "none", so I changed it to "tmpfs", but no change to the
22 error! AFAIK this field doesn't have any effect for non-partition based
23 filesystems. Perhaps it worked for you because it purged /dev/shm, and
24 you had some non-writable files in there (as per the other suggestion)?
25
26 thanks,
30 It were not best that we should all think alike; it is difference of opinion
31 that makes horse-races.
32 -- Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list