From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: SOLVED - Re: [gentoo-user] NFS mount not properly unmounting during shutdown/reboot
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 11:46:47
1 On 2013-06-10 4:29 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > The simplest way around this is to add nfsmount to the default runlevel.
3 > This will work today as it reads /etc/fstab at startup to mount stuff
4 > and your fstab has no nfs shares in it.
5 > It reads /etc/mtab at shutdown to umount stuff and your QNAP share will
6 > be in that file.
7
8 Cool, I'll do that. I'll still try to remember to umount it manually
9 because I don't like testing something that might cause my system to not
10 safely/fully shutdown, but this way hopefully if I ever do forget, it
11 will handle it for me.
12
13 > I simulated it here and that's the result I got. But this is gentoo, and
14 > everything might change tomorrow so YMMV :-)
15
16 Lol, yeah, there are never any guarantees...
17
18 > You could also write a scriptlet to do the umount and put it in
19 > /etc/conf.d/local - see /etc/init.d/local for details
20
21 I may look into that, but some reading tells me you are right and that
22 adding nfsmount to the default runlevel should work.
23
24 Thanks a lot for your time Alan.
25
26 Charles