From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Literature on Python
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:15:10
1 On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 15:01 +0100, Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Hi list!
3 >
4 > I need a recommendation for a good book to learn Python for people
5 > experienced in C++ but not Bash, Java or CMD/Powershell.
6 >
7 > It shouldn't focus on Linux all too much.
8
9 Well, the usual answers are:
10
11 python.org (official tutorial)
12 _Learning Python_ (the O'Reilley book)
13 _Programming Python_ (the O'Reilly book, how I learned Python)
14 comp.lang.python (great newsgroup, excellent SNR)
17 But Bash/Powershell shouldn't be necessary to learn Python. Bash has
18 little in common with Python. Powershell can be thought of as a broken
19 Python/bash/Perl/whatever_else_they_could_think_of_to_throw_in. Python
20 can be thought of as a fixed Java ;-)
21
22 -a
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list