From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DHClient Woes - No Modules Loaded?
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 07:13:29
1 On Monday 02 October 2006 06:02, Lord Sauron wrote:
2
3 > modules_eth0=( "dhcpcd" )
4 > iface_eth0=( "dhcpcd" )
5 > config_eth0=( "dhcp" )
6 >
7 > Not exactly sure if it's totally right, however, it doesn't give me an
8 > error message, though I suspect I'm really close to getting one ; )
9 >
10 > Hazarding a guess as to what would get ifplugd to work:
11 >
12 > modules_eth0=( "dhcpcd", "ifplug" ) # or ifplugd, I don't really know
13 > # which
14 >
15 > Thanks for your time!
16
17 All I have on my laptop is config_eth0=( "dhcp" ) in /etc/conf.d/net and
18 ifplugd worked straight out of the box. I thought I would need to configure
19 it, but it ran fine first time with default settings. It even worked with
20 *no* entries in /etc/conf.d/net, although a message kept coming up saying
21 that eth0 defaults to dhcpcd. Therefore, if my experience is something to go
22 by, I'd suggest that you remove all your entries first to see if you can get
23 your eth0 connected and work backwards from there.
24 --
25 Regards,
26 Mick