From: Jure Varlec <exzombie@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Please Help: Major problems with Modular X
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 22:10:51
1 On Saturday 23 September 2006 15:09, Chris Walters wrote:
2 > I don't recall seeing any replies to my original post, so I figured it
3 > must have gotten lost.  As for the Xorg log, I don't have one to post -
4 > if I had, I would have posted the pertinent portions rather than
5 > describe the problem.
6
7 I apologize then. While single messages do sometimes go missing on this list
8 (they should be archived on gmane though), it's strange that both of them
9 would go missing so I assumed you got at least one.
10
11 Anyway, my suggestion was to put 'VideoRam 131072' in your xorg.conf under
12 Section "Device", assuming misdetection of card's memory is the only problem.
13 There's not much else to try without any detailed information, i.e. logs :/ .
14 How about running with 'startx -logfile filename' or, if that
15 fails, 'startx -verbose 3'? In the latter case, you can log it easily
16 using 'script'.
17
18 HTH
19 Jure