From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: kwallet [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 14:07:10
1 Martins Steinbergs wrote:
2
3 > On Thursday 21 September 2006 14:22, Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 >> On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:24:55 +0300, Martins Steinbergs wrote:
5 >>
6 >> I looked into this a while ago, asking on this list and elsewhere, and it
7 >> didn't seem possible to go back to the old KMail behaviour of storing
8 >> email passwords in the config.
9 >>
10 >> One thing I may not have tried is setting KMail to use a different wallet
11 >> and giving that wallet no password. I don't even know if this is
12 >> possible.
13 >>
14 >> I don't use KMail myself, so it's my partner's problem, but it really
15 >> should be possible to disable this behaviour. Maybe you should file a KDE
16 >> bug if you can't find a way to turn it off.
17 >
18 > Heh, well hidden option. grepped everywere with no luck. Then did emerge
19 > kwalletmanager and first option was to uncheck kwallet subsystem.
20 >
21 > m
22
23 Yes, that's the way to disable it. If you click on it in the tooltray and
24 then go to Settings/Configure Kwallet, you can dis-select "Enable
25 kwallet . . .".
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick