From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] udevil question for Helmut Jarausch
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 21:56:58
1 Hi Helmut. sys-apps/udevil failed to compile this morning and I noticed you
2 had already submitted a proposed fix for it (your patch worked, thank you).
3
4 The failing code was already in the udevil package when I emerged it on Jan
5 21 with no problems, so some other package must have changed since Jan 21,
6 but which one(s)?
7
8 I ask the question because I want to learn to think like a developer (hold
9 all snarky comments until the professionals get here) so could you describe
10 how you arrived at your fix so quickly?
11
12 Have you used the "stat" function so often that you didn't even need to think
13 about how to fix it, or was it more complicated?
14
15 Thanks for any wisdom you care to share with us.