From: Dan <drose@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't emerge K3B -- SOLVEDAGAIN
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 07:13:46
1 Dan wrote:
2
3 > Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Saturday 01 October 2005 15:36, Dan wrote:
8 >>> This is indeed a wonderful list.
9 >>>
10 >>> "Everything is going extremely well".
11 >>> -HAL
12 >>>
13 >>> K3B is running well, looks good but it has no DVD Video copying option
14 >>> that I can find.
15 >>>
16 >>> On windows I had clone DVD. Source:Dual Layer DVD in one drive,
17 >>> Destination: Single Layer blank in burning drive. Press Go, wait 30
18 >>> mins, done. Every time.
19 >>>
20 >>> A driver layer called AnyDVD strips the PUPs and other stuff and
21 >>> presents a clean disc to the next layer up.
22 >>>
23 >>> I don't have these in linux, so there's two questions: First, what
24 >>> working GUI can I use which will hande most standard feature films, and
25 >>> secondly what does gentoo use for handling access to the movies on
26 >>> the DVD?
27 >>>
28 >>> I know the answeres lie here and beyond
29 >>> http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/dvd.html
30 >>>
31 >>> but I am running out of time, I would like something simple running
32 >>> soon, I'm happy to mess around with command line transcoding later.
33 >>>
34 >>> Any more smart ideas?
35 >>>
38 >> did you set the dvdr useflag?
42 > Yes. k3b is happy to go Tools --> Copy DVD but the heading says "No
43 > video transcoding!"
44 >
45 > Tools --> Encode video wants a project file, and all the options are
46 > greyed out. I run fluxbox, not kde so the help doesn't work and
47 > there's no man pages for k3b. google gives me lots of source code....
50 9to5 looks like the tool for the job! Thanks for your help!
53 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list