From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Manually removing packages from world problem
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 10:22:34
1 Am Thu, 24 Dec 2015 20:22:45 -0200
2 schrieb João Matos <jaoneto@×××××.com>:
3
4 > Dear list,
5 >
6 > I was having problem with plasma, so I decided to change it.
7 >
8 > I've removed all packages related from world, changed the profile,
9 > erased use-related files from /etc/portage.
10 >
11 > Then I've used "emerge --depclean", that worked as should be.
12 >
13 > However, when I tried "emerge -avuDN world" I got a problem: portage
14 > tries to emerge all these world packages I removed before.
15 >
16 > What should be happening?
17 >
18 > Thank you all,
19
20 Please have a look at the world_sets file. Chances are that it contains
21 KDE for you:
22
23 kakra@jupiter ~ $ cat /var/lib/portage/world_sets
24 @kde-applications
25 @kde-frameworks
26 @kde-plasma
27 @steam
28
29 Some modern Gentoo guides recommend installing KDE using sets, this is
30 what you may have ended up with.
31
32 BTW: @steam is a custom set I've created for pulling in steam specific
33 library versions/slot to ensure they stay installed without having them
34 in my world file explicitly.
37 Regards,
38 Kai
39