From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] after finally doing my emerge -e world successfully, my regular world update fails
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 14:37:42
1 On Fri, 22 Dec 2017 06:25:56 -0500,
2 Mike Gilbert wrote:
3 >
4 > On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 5:02 AM, John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Hi. So, after two weeks, I finally got my emerge -e world finished.
6 > > Now I was trying my regular world update with --deep, etc., but I get
7 > > an impossible situation. It seems openrc is now blocking systemd, but
8 > > I apparently need both.
9 >
10 > sys-apps/openrc is probably in your world file. Either remove it, or
11 > disable the "sysv-utils" USE flag on sys-apps/systemd.
14 Thanks everyone, I will check this out and let people know if it
15 works.
16
17 Yep, putting -sysv-utils for systemd fixes things right up! I hope
18 there is no strange consequences by disabling this flag, but we shall
19 see.
22 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
23 How do
24 you spend it?
25
26 John Covici wb2una