From: dhkuhl@×××××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --depclean - libcurl.la
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 15:45:42
1 ----- Original Message -----From: Paul Hartman Date: Thursday, June 2, 2011 11:24 amSubject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --depclean - libcurl.laTo: gentoo-user@l.g.o> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 9:54 AM, wrote:> > emerge --depclean removed libcurl.la a few days ago.  I have a > program> that's not in world that uses it when built:  > libtool complains that it's> > missing.  In /usr/lib64 there are libcurl .so files but no .la > files.>> > How can I get the libcurl.la library back and keep it so emerge> > --depclean doesn't remove it?> > Have you run "lafilefixer --justfixit"? I wonder if you have old .la> files from packages emerged before portage 2.1.9.> > After running it once, you shouldn't need it anymore since portage> will auto-fix them upon installation.> > You should run the lafilefixer command before trying revdep-rebuild,> or else you might have a lot of unnecessary emerges.> > AFAIK the usage of .la files is basically deprecated and only a few> packages still require them. Flameeyes posted a lot of details about> it on his blog last year. (http://blog.flameeyes.eu)> >I did the lafilefixer and revdep-rebuild and it still happens.  I think it may be in my project directory.  In there I have three files libtool, Makefile.in, and acinclude.m4 each make reference to libtool.  It's commented out in the configure.ac file.