From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user]
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 11:58:14
1 On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 07:50:30 -0400, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > Hi. I am looking at grub2 as a possible boot loader -- I have been
4 > using lilo for years, but one thing puzzles me -- there seems to be no
5 > grub command, I don't see it in the list of files and typing grub does
6 > nothing. I have not run grub-install yet, but I would like to know what
7 > is happening.
8
9 The grub code, as in the bootloader, is embedded into the MBR when you
10 run grub-install. The various commands installed with grub are used to
11 manage the bootloader and its files, but there is no single grub command.
12
13 The GRUB manual explains it all:
14 http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html
18 Neil Bothwick