From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng-3.6.1 nearly no log anymore
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 22:42:36
1 On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 15:08:02 -0500, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > > Worth a try. If it does fix it I would consider it a bug since adding
4 > > systemd support should not implicitly disable it under openrc.
5 >
6 > I disagree. He's telling the build that it's running under systemd,
7 > but there is no systemd running. That's a problem with them pesky
8 > computers... they do what you tell them to do, not what you want them to
9 > do.
10
11 The USE flag is there to enable, or otherwise, systemd support. USE flags
12 affect build tie behaviour, not run time behaviour. Building with systemd
13 support should not silently disable openrc support - that should be done
14 with a separate USE flag, if wanted.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 TROI : What am I sensing?? I'm sensing INCOMPETENCE, you pretentious
21 bald pseudo-French dickweed!