From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mdadm: No arrays found in config file
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 22:05:41
1 On 7/18/06, Andreas Claesson <andreas.claesson@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I believe the reason for this is that your partitions are of type 'fd'
3 > When they have that id they are automagically found and started by the
4 > kernel, and therefor there are nothing for mdadm to do.
5 > But this is just a guess.
6
7 That would be my guess. Similarly, if the root filesystem is on a
8 raid volume, the initramfs environment may start all raid volumes, and
9 there will be nothing for mdadm to do.
10
11 If either of these sounds right, you should be able to remove the
12 "raid" entry from RC_VOLUME_ORDER in /etc/conf.d/rc.
13
14 -Richard
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list