From: Marc Blumentritt <marc.blumentritt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Problem with compiling kernel
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 11:13:11
1 Mick schrieb:
2 > Last time this happened to me (more than once), it was because I had selected
3 > something in the kernel that I shouldn't have. I had to retrace my steps,
4 > removed the offending module and then it compiled and installed fine.
5
6 I think you are right. Yesterday I had some time to look more closely
7 into this and came to the same conclusion. I will first try to build an
8 external initrd, which will be loaded during boot. Perhaps I will later
9 switch back to include the initrd inside the kernel.
10
11 Thanks for your help.
12
13 Marc