From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any way to automate login to host and su to root?
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 15:31:47
1 On 7/14/22 3:54 AM, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > For security reasons, I do not want direct login to root under any
3 > circumstances. This is disabled on all systems and will stay this way.
4
5 +10 for security
6
7 > Currently, to login as root, you need to know:
8 > - admin user account name
9 > - admin user account password
10 > - root user account password
11
12 Please describe what an ideal scenario would be from a flow perspective,
13 independent of the underlying technology.
14
15 > I do not want to reduce this to a single ssh-key-passphrase.
16
17 Please elaborate as I suspect that the reasoning behind that statement
18 is quite germane to this larger discussion.
23 Grant. . . .
24 unix || die