From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] RAM checks for chromium
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 07:35:43
Two Intel systems with 4G RAM failed to build chromium, even after setting
MAKEOPTS="-j2". The ebuild is checking for a minimum of 3G RAM:

>>> Running pre-merge checks for www-client/chromium-70.0.3538.110
* Checking for at least 3 GiB RAM ... [ ok ] * Checking for at least 5 GiB disk space at "/var/tmp/portage/www-client/ chromium-70.0.3538.110/temp" ... [ ok ] Given I've spent more than two days compiling to get nowhere with this, I'm thinking: a) Chromium probably needs more than 3G now. b) Either the ebuild, or portage, ought to check available RAM and dynamically adjust the number of jobs accordingly - or have I watched too many AI movies? -- Regards, Mick