From: Andy Mender <andymenderunix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Old Firefox ebuild?
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 04:41:38
1 Thanks for the Palemoon recommendation. I emerged it yesterday and I am
2 already very happy with it. I too will probably not use Firefox anymore.
3
4 ~Andy
5
6 On 18 Oct 2016 21:59, "Ian Zimmerman" <itz@×××××××.net> wrote:
7
8 On 2016-10-16 10:34, Martin Vaeth wrote:
9
10 > My recommendation: Use palemoon (from the palemoon overlay)
11
12 Oh man! THANK YOU! pale moon is the best thing in my digital life since
13 gentoo :-) I can only wonder why it is not more widely known or used by
14 hackers?
15
16 There seems to be a little glitch in the packaging: when I emerge
17 pale moon first (before unmerging firefox and company), pale moon ends up
18 linked against shared libraries from the nss and nspr packages (in
19 /usr/lib64), instead of the bundled ones in /usr/lib64/palemoon.
20
21 Unmerging firefox first and then --depcleaning works around it.
24 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
25 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
26 Don't clear-text sign: http://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html