From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to set the DefaultColorDepth?
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 06:24:35
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm trying to get Thief "The Dark Project" working under Wine. It
4 seems it's having trouble switching to 16bit colour mode (I'm in 24bit
5 colour mode normally) so I wanted to try and set the colour depth to
6 16bit.
7
8 This used to be fairly easy as you could change this in xorg.conf but
9 this file is now virtually empty. KDE doesn't seem to have anything in
10 System Settings. I have an "NVIDIA X Server Settings" app but it
11 "cannot apply" as it would require writing to xorg.conf. It proposes a
12 full xorg.conf like we used to have a long time ago. I'm wondering
13 whether that is still the appropriate way to do this.
14
15 What is the proper way to set the DefaultColorDepth?
16
17 Cheers,
18 Hilco