From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RAM upgrade, kernel and swap
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:08:38
1 On Donnerstag, 24. Januar 2008, Ricardo Saffi Marques wrote:
2 > On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
3 > > On Donnerstag, 24. Januar 2008, Ricardo Saffi Marques wrote:
4 > >> That's the problem. For one thing to work, you have to sacrify other(s).
5 > >
6 > > and AFAIR the option won't help you, if your maiboards bios maps
7 > > pci-space at the 3,6GB-4GB range.
8 > > --
9 > > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
10 >
11 > You're absolutely right about that. My machines as 64-bits and I don't
12 > even have that ammount of RAM, but I disable that bios option, anyway.
13
14 well, my machine is 64bit too, I have 4GB of ram and a stupid bios - nothing I
15 can do about ;)
16 --
17 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list