From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: pppd and adsl
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:14:55
1 --- Chen Yufei <cyfdecyf@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > First thanks!
4 >
5 > As Mrugesh mentioned rp-pppoe-3.8, I took a look in
6 > the rp-pppoe
7 > ebuild file and found this,
8 >
9 > "Gentoo is moving toward common configuration file
10 > for all network
11 > interfaces. Please use baselayout adsl module for
12 > configuring your
13 > network using rp-pppoe or, better yet, use generic
14 > PPP support
15 > available in baselayout-1.12."
16 >
17 > I unemerged rp-pppoe and still succeed to connect.
18 > In fact I found
19 > there is a file "rp-pppoe.so" in the directory
20 > /usr/lib/pppd/2.4.3/ so
21 > I think rp-pppe is not necessary for adsl connect.
22 >
23 > In the ppp ebuild file,
24 >
25 > "Pon, poff and plog scripts have been supplied for
26 > experienced users.
27 > ... The old /etc/init.d/net.ppp0 script has gone!
28 > The new way of
29 > handling PPP connections of any kind (PPPoE, PPPoA,
30 > etc) is through
31 > the baselayout's pppd net module."
32 >
33 > I've set the /etc/conf.d/net, but what is the new
34 > way to make PPP
35 > connections up/off without pon/poff? pon/poff need
36 > to edit
37 > /etc/ppp/peer/provider and this is not the "common
38 > configuration
39 > file".
40
41 Precisely! See the thread on emerge wvdial issues. Why
42 do we now need _two_files /etc/conf.d/net _and_
43 ../peers/provider?
48 Do You Yahoo!?
49 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
50 http://mail.yahoo.com
51 --
52 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list