From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Any nice tools for emerge dependency resolution listing?
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 10:20:19
1 Hi!
2 I'm wondering if anyone's written a script that looks deep into the
3 build dependencies of some package foo, and gives you a list of
4 ebuilds you need to unmask to build it. Immediate build dependencies
5 could easily be shown using the ebuild itself, and deep dependencies
6 could be shown using equery something, but I just want to focus on
7 dependencies you need to unmask when building.
8
9 I usually just manually iterate through emerge -uDNtav world/something
10 to make something like that happen, and it's just hit me that this
11 sounds like a chore that's bound to have bugged someone.
12
13 I'm not looking for a tool that writes my package.keywords/* for me,
14 I'd like to do that myself, but the iteration process is more painful
15 than it should be "manually". If there's none I was wondering what
16 kinds of challenges would it take to write one in python as that
17 sounds like a cool exercise to try out.
18 --
19 This email is: [ ] actionable [ ] fyi [x] social
20 Response needed: [ ] yes [x] up to you [ ] no
21 Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [ ] soon [x] none