From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Alternative Window Managers
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:54:07
1 On Friday 30 December 2005 03:18, "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."
2 <bss03@××××××××××.com> wrote about '[gentoo-user] Alternative Window
3 Managers':
4 > I'm wanting to experiment with some alternative window managers.
5 > I'd like to have them available as separate
6 > sessions when I log in.
7 >
8 > I've only used KDE and Gnome in the past; they automatically are added as
9 > alternative
10 > sessions. I figured this would be the best place to ask how to set these
11 > alternative window managers up in Gentoo.
12 >
13 > I have a couple of boxen, one that uses gdm and one that uses kdm. It
14 > would be nice if the instructions were portable between both of these X
15 > login managers.
16
17 Thanks for all the encouragement an talk about the pros and cons of the
18 various windows managers. However, can anyone address my issue of being
19 about to select an alternative window manager from my login manager? Via
20 the session chooser? I've never really had to set up anything 'cept KDE
21 and Gnome and they do it for you.
24 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
25 bss03@××××××××××.com
26 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy