From: Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Env-update missing
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 08:43:58
1 > I just tried to reinstall Gentoo on my laptop(x86) and after chrooting
2 > into my new install I tried to run env-update but got a command not found.
3 > I looked in sbin and the command isn't there. I downloaded again the stage
4 > 3 tarball i686 20111213 from another mirror and I'm still not finding the
5 > command. I feel like a goof for asking but has anyone else run into this
6 > error?
7
8 I just downloaded stage3-i686-20111213.tar.bz2
9 env-update is in '/usr/sbin/env-update'
10
11 Did you 'source /etc/profile' first. This normally solves problems like
12 this.