From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to use my SSD the right way ;-)
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 11:35:52
1 Am 03.01.2014 23:14, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
2
3 > currently fiddling with my thinkpad hanging at boot ... so still no BFQ
4 > for that laptop ... :-(
5
6 I don't get it. My thinkpad hangs repeatedly a booting and I don't
7 really know how to spot the reason.
8
9 As you may remember I run systemd as init-system ... with
10 gentoo-sources-3.12.6 it boots at least more often than with
11 USE=experimental ... dunno if it is related to BFQ.
12
13 I had those hangs before as well ... for a while I assumed it was
14 related to the flushing of the systemd-journal but it was not. I even
15 had masked the flushing but it didn't help.
16
17 Maybe I should mask the lvm-stuff as well, maybe I even don't need it at
18 all? Is it necessary for encrypted partitions as well (sorry for that
19 stupid q)? I don't have PVs/VGs/LVs on that one small SSD here .... I
20 just let lvm2 there because I didn't want to break things.
21
22 Stefan