From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No mailer for Gentoo???
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 07:47:17
1 Am Sat, 07 Sep 2013 11:08:16 +0400
2 schrieb Pavel Volkov <negaipub@×××××.com>:
3
4 > On Friday 06 September 2013 11:21:33 Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
5 > > From the commit log: "Per extensive discussion with zmedico about
6 > > removing the need for package.provided, several packages have been
7 > > changed, like sudo, to not explicitly require an mta. Cron will
8 > > follow, leaving mta support optional."
9 >
10 > Unrelated question: what happened (or going to happen) to packaged.provided?
11 > I'm using it.
12
13 I suspect nothing. I interpreted that statement to mean that they wanted to
14 remove the need for people *who don't want an MTA* to (ab)use package.provided
15 as a way to avoid installing one.
18 Marc Joliet
19 --
20 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
21 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup