From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is gnome becoming obligatory?
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 16:03:34
1 On 2017-12-13 10:06, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > A good healthy dose of manners like your Mama taught you is in short
4 > supply around here right now.
5
6 The worst insults are stated without any foul language. Indeed, I'll
7 say that in general "insulting" is an attribute of ideas, not of words.
8
9 Some of the time, at least, people who resort to swearing do so in
10 reaction to such soft-spoken insults. (Equally on all sides of all
11 issues).
12
13 I'll try not to feed this monster thread any longer, I promise.
16 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
17 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
18 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet, fetch the TXT record for the domain.