From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone compiled libreoffice-3.6.0.4 yet? [SOLVED, maybe]
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 13:04:49
1 On 08/09/2012 01:19 PM, walt wrote:
5 > ...the ebuild is using only one CPU out of four, so this is taking
6 > much longer than before. Ugh.
7
8 Well, since there are at least four of you who don't have any problem
9 with libreoffice it must be something on my two machines with the same
10 trouble.
11
12 This morning I noticed that perl was updated, so I ran perl-updater
13 and now the libreoffice build seems (fingers crossed) to be building
14 at normal speed using all CPUs again.
15
16 The reason I think it was a perl problem is there are multiple processes
17 going during a libreoffice build that look like this:
18
19 perl -S /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-3.6.0.4/work/libreoffice-core-3.6.0.4/solenv
20
21 Before I ran perl-updater there was always one process marked <defunct> at
22 the bottom of that list of perl processes, and now there seem to be four
23 parallel perl processes in place of that <defunct> one -- I guess one for
24 each CPU :)
25
26 I'll let the build run while I go to work, hoping I have a working
27 libreoffice when I get home.
28
29 Thanks for the feedback.