From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to correctly read CPU temperature ?
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 19:08:55
1 On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 12:15 AM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 > On the Inet I found some, but not very clear infos, which say, that
3 >  the temperature sensing diodes of the AMD Phenom II x6 T1090 were
4 >  wrong. Second thing is, when idleing the CPU of my box has only 34
5 >  degree C -- which would be nice if true, but I dont believe that:
6 >  The CPU is cooled with a Scythe Mulgen 2 Rev.B or with other words
7 >  its only a fan and therefore only air cooling...
8
9 I think you need either k8temp or k10temp module in your kernel. Check
10 documentation in your kernel sources to see which chipsets are
11 supported by each (or enable both and see which on works).