From: "Lutz Schönemann" <Lutz.Schoenemann@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Deactivate keyboard
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 22:27:30
1 > >>>>> Hi,
2 > >>>>
3 > >>>>
4 > >>>> Hi!
5 > >>>>
6 > >>>> I have set up Gentoo on a system that I would like to use as a video,
7 > >>>> music
8 > >>>>> player and sometimes to check my emails. There is a remote control
9 > >>>> connected
10 > >>>>> to it and is detected as a serial keyboard. Now I want the
11 > >> xorg-server
12 > >>>> not
13 > >>>>> to process events coming from this "keyboard". I also have a
14 > >> bluetooth
15 > >>>>> keyboard that I want to connect to that system and events coming
16 > >> from
17 > >>>> this
18 > >>>>> keyboard should be processed.
19 > >>>>>
20 > >>>>> So, is it possible to deactivate one keyboard?
21 > >>>>
22 > >>>>
23 > >>>> I think so, what about deactivating the one you do not want to use in
24 > >>> your
25 > >>>> xorg.conf?
26 > >>>>
27 > >>> Thats exactly what I'm trying to do: deactivate the keyboard in my
28 > >>> xorg.conf. But how can I do it?
29 > >>
30 > >>
31 > >> Removing the part in your conifg, I suppose. A question: Don't you want
33 > >> use the keyboard anymore with X?
34 > >>
35 > >> Sven
36 > >
37 > > I suppose you meant the part:
38 > >
39 > > Section "InputDevice"
40 > > Identifier "Standard Keyboard"
41 > > Driver "kbd"
42 > > Option "AutoRepeat" "500 30"
43 > > Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
44 > > Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
45 > > Option "XkbLayout" "de"
46 > > Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
47 > > EndSection
48 > >
49 > > If I remove this part from my config X would use a standard
50 > configuration for keyboads connected to that computer.
51 > > My goal is that only one keyboard will not work. This way I can use a
52 > daemon to process events coming from this device.
53 >
54 > I haven't ever tried this, but have you looked into using a keyboard
55 > section with an option similar to:
56 >
57 > Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
58 >
59 > but replacing /dev/input/mice with the path to the keyboard you *do*
60 > want to use (I have no idea what that path would be...)?
63 Nice idea but after a short test I found out that this configuration doesn't work. The path to a keyboard-event ist for example /dev/input/event5 or /dev/input/by-id/<kbd-id>. The problem is that this device nodes create key-press-events, key-release-events and so on.
64
65 I think I'll leave the special buttons on the remote control alone and only use the arrow and ok keys.
66 --
67 Ist Ihr Browser Vista-kompatibel? Jetzt die neuesten
68 Browser-Versionen downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/browser
69 --
70 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list