From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Binary package server questions
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 23:56:27
1 Reading https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Binary_package_guide still leaves
2 me uncertain. I have an ancient 32-bit Atom netbook. I've installed
3 uclibc-ng Gentoo on it. Building big packages on it is a pain. I can
4 do an identical install in a QEMU VM, and distcc into it. But that
5 doesn't catch all compiling work.
6
7 What I'd like to do is build binaries in a chroot on my desktop,
8 assuming a 32-bit uclibc-ng chroot on a 64-bit glibc host is possible.
9 Because the cpus are different, I would need to use different CFLAGS
10 (and CXXFLAGS) variables for when the host updates its own files, versus
11 when it builds files for the netbook.
12
13 Finally, is it possible for the client (the netbook) to notify the
14 host that it needs certain packages built? I plan to run with
15 "--getbinpkgonly" on the netbook.
18 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
19 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications