From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] squidguard db directory
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 09:47:40
1 On 31/12/2016 11:42, lee wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > what would be the Gentoo place to put blocklists for squidguard? The
5 > example configs suggest /etc/squidguard/db, and I'm finding that rather
6 > odd. I'll use /var/lib/squidguard instead, which seems more adequate.
7 >
8 > But what's the Gentoo place to put the blocklists?
11 I don't think there's a "Gentoo place" as such. There's only really a
12 default he maintainer decided on.
13
14 If you consider the lists to be config (some do) then /etc/squidguard/db
15 is a good place
16
17 If you consider them to be changing input data, then /var/lib/squidguard
18 is better
19
20 Me, I think of these things as data so I'd go with the latter
24 Alan McKinnon
25 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com