From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE monitor configuration disappeared!
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 00:42:28
1 On 04/11/14 18:28, Douglas J Hunley wrote:
2 > On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 6:38 AM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> What happened? Where are the KDE settings for my monitor?
6 > from kde-misc/kscreen postinstall:
7 > LOG: postinst
8 > Disable the old screen management:
9 > # qdbus org.kde.kded /kded org.kde.kded.unloadModule randrmonitor
10 > # qdbus org.kde.kded /kded org.kde.kded.setModuleAutoloading randrmonitor false
11 >
12 > Enable the kded module for the kscreen based screen management:
13 > # qdbus org.kde.kded /kded org.kde.kded.loadModule kscreen
14 >
15 > Now simply (un-)plugging displays should enable/disable them, while
16 > the last state is remembered.
17 >
18 > Does that correct your issue?
19
20 Already solved on the KDE mailing list. The problem was that the
21 controls don't appear until you click on the gray box that represents
22 your monitor. I wouldn't have found that out in a million years.
23
24 So it was just bad and confusing GUI design. The controls once, they
25 appear, don't actually work (meaning the GUI elements are broken,) but
26 that's another issue.
27
28 Bottom line: "not impressed" is putting it mildly :-/