From: Nilesh Govindrajan <contact@××××××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Random segfaults with gnome
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 02:36:54
1 Lately, ever since I installed gnome3 (3.2), a lot of things have gone
2 unstable. Gnome crashes a lot and pulseaudio too, on every start (I see a
3 segfault by the equalizer module).
4
5 My graphic card is on board i945 and I have set mesa to classic mode on sw
6 and i915 families.
7
8 I partially belive that this is because of -O3 in my make.conf, but
9 compiling a few packages using -O2 didn't do much good either. Moreover,
10 I've been using kde with -O3 since 2011 and never had such a problem.
11
12 Nevertheless, I'm rebuilding everything with -O2 (emerge -e system, emerge
13 -e world) with gcc 4.7 (no lto) just to see if that fixes the trouble.
14
15 I have memtested and there's absolutely no problem with the RAM.
16
17 What do you guys suggest?