From: Bruce Hill <bruce@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Writing a bash script or thinking about it anyway. [now Bash guides]
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 01:03:05
1 On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 06:30:15PM -0500, Willie Wong wrote:
2 > > The Advanced Scripting Guide is brilliant. It's my gospel when Bash
3 > > scripting, although I'll admit I haven't looked harder for anything else.
4 > > If there is any better guide out there, I would love to hear about it.
5 >
6 > I agree. For learning the ropes there's the ABS, for everything else
7 > there is the man/info pages. (Learning Bash was the reason that I
8 > learned gnu info. That one man page is just way too long.)
9 >
10 > W
11
12 This one comes from #bash on freenode, give it a look-see:
13
14 http://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide#Contents:_Bash_Guide
15 --
16 "Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the
17 lesson afterward. But properly learned, the lesson forever changes
18 the man."